About the Author, Morgan McGowan: “Hi, I’m Morgan. I am 29 and live just outside of Boston with my husband of 2 and a half years. I try to appreciate the real things in life, family, friends, and the world. I love to travel and experience different places, cook new foods, and embrace my surroundings. I encourage everyone to find the small things that make them happy and help them grow. Follow my journey on www.livelifewell.me.”
From 2012 when we first started hiking together
Our first overnight at Osceola, NH reaching the top
1. We will need health insurance- Most likely will be buying a short term Cobra coverage (still need to do)
2. Our house sitting here…with no one…- Since all of our things will be at the house still, I would not want to rent to a stranger. Instead I am going to have a person I trust, move in and pay minimal rent, something is better than nothing right? They don’t have furniture so it works out that they can use ours. Utilities will be transferred in their name. My friend (listed below), also has a key and can check up on the house at any time if needed.
3. Mail – Our mail will be forwarded to my best friend for anything unplanned (think wedding invitations, emergency mail, etc.). She will have authority to open anything she needs to.
4. Bills – All our bills have been set up for auto pay (thank you to my husband)! However, should something unexpected happen, my friend will also have a copy of our checkbook with some signed checks (make sure this is someone you really trust).
5. Quitting your job – We are waiting until after my annual bonus has been PAID out to formally notify my company, no point in risking potential income and tell them before (hence our April 6th start date).
6. Food drops – We have the first four weeks planned for food drops (same friend will help here), then we have a lot more food, not prepped in boxes. As needed, she will make them and send them where we tell her.
7. Getting to Georgia from Massachusetts – We will be renting a car and driving down. We plan to slowly enjoy our last few clean days together 🙂
Pack testing for our start!
A small glass of wine with a girlfriend after completing another 4ker!